Turning a year older this year, I realize I did not/ am not asking for much except:
To harness and have peace in all that I do (think, say, act, respond), to be able to maintain good and optimum health, to upkeep positivity and cheerfulness in my daily life – in both good and not-so-good times.
As I turn 27, I would like to believe I have matured compared to ten, five or even two years ago. But, there is still a long way more to go (I hope to live a healthy, able, and happy life till I’m in the 80s or even 90s!); and truly, change is the only constant in life. It’s up to us to choose AND adopt to changes that can lead us to a better life.
Below are a few thoughts that have crossed my mind in recent weeks… they are pretty random and include traits of how I’d like to see myself apply and be more:
- In scenarios which are less ideal, to always think rationally before I react or allow myself to be angry, “in a bigger scheme of things, is this worth getting heated up over now?”
- In line with the above, to approach things with a sense of calmness and not get ‘mang zang’ so quick
- To let go of things that I can’t control; to detach from things which are worldly and temporary
- To stay true to myself at all times – to my own set of values, morals, and beliefs… And with that, not mind what people might have to say about you.
- To forgive easily and move on with life… I have been fortunate not to have experienced anything major that I can truly say ‘I forgive you’, but I remember I used to be affected by silly things as what some might have to say about me (be it inaccurate and perhaps immature remarks from a certain few people), but no more now. The truth will always prevail, plus karma will work its way around things
- Try not to second think or second guess people’s words
- I would like to see myself love and respect my family members more, my parents, two brothers, and grandmother
- Do more of what makes me happy
I’ve said this in my instagram – I’m a lucky girl and I don’t wanna ever take this for granted.
Thank you to all who has been a part of my life thus far, even in the smallest ways possible. May all be happy and healthy always 🙂